The MEGA Database is Making Placements in Top Echelon!
A couple of months ago, we released the new version of the MEGA Database, and I’m pleased to announce that the MEGA is making placements for Top Echelon Network recruiters!
In fact, I’m highlighting just such a placement in this blog post, a split between Carol Calvano of Professional Recruiting Consultants and Marion Mehrer of Your Talent Source, LLC for a Maintenance Manager-Aluminum Extrusion. Carol was so excited about the placement and how easy it was to use the MEGA that she sent us an email detailing the process from start to finish.
Congratulations to Carol and Marion on their split placement, and we hope that this is the first of many for them!
“Here is how this placement went:
1. The candidate applied to one of my job in September of 2013! He wasn’t a fit for my job, but the resume looked close enough to my niche, so I added it to our Big Biller database thinking that one day we might be searching for someone like him. (So breaking that down further, I hit ‘forward email,’ typed the letters ‘pa,’ and my Outlook pulled up that full email parse address for me . . . I didn’t even break a sweat.)
2. Top Echelon rolled out the new MEGA Database search tool and Marion Mehrer joined the Network. Being new, she was all about using the great TE tools.
3. Marion’s MEGA search yielded one of my candidates in October, so I simply clicked to share the resume with a note that read something like, ‘If he looks good, let me know if you’d like me to update his information.’
4. He wasn’t a fit for that job, but he did fit her niche, so she copied the resume to her database, later calling me when she had activity for him. (I helped her understand how she had him from me when he didn’t show up in the Split Candidate Database.)
5. A few weeks later, when her client requested someone like [the candidate], she presented him, set up the interview, etc. She told me this was one of her fastest placements ever. She has a very happy client as a result of her quick work.
Ironically, in a similar situation, I’d likely work the same way. My mentality as an importer is that I have to call the candidate to decide if there is a match, write a strong matching profile, and start building trust with them to hopefully close a future deal. In that light, I’m not concerned that I wasn’t asked to update him or do ‘my half’ of the work. I’ve always embraced the notion that finding the talent is half the battle.
And regarding the MEGA Database tool, I’ve been happily letting other recruiters take a peek at any resume they request. Most are rejected and I often concur, but I decided to just trust that they will do the right thing and follow the ‘But For Rule’ if my candidate is a fit (even if they already know the name, but just didn’t find them in their own database).”
This is a great split placement story! If you’re not using the MEGA Database, then you should be! The first step is to attend my “MEGA Search Monday Training.” Join me every Monday at 11 a.m., Eastern Time for a 30-minute session that explores the “ins” and “outs” of the MEGA and what you need to do to make placements with it.
If you have any questions right now, I encourage you to contact me by calling 330.455.1433, x156 or by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.