When Will You Shut Down Your Desk for 2017?

It’s that time of year! The time of year to start thinking about when you’re going to shut down your recruiting desk!

Or maybe not. After all, we posed a poll question recently in the Top Echelon Network Members’ Area. That question, as you might have already guessed, dealt with shutting down your recruiting desk.

The results were not quite what we expected. But . . . well, see for yourself:

When do you plan to “shut down your desk” for the rest of the year?

The choice of answers that we provided is listed below, along with the percentage of split network recruiters that selected each one:

  • Right after Thanksgiving — 2.4%
  • The middle of December — 6.6%
  • Right before Christmas and through New Year’s. — 31.3%
  • I’m not; I’m going the distance — 59.6%

Shut the front door!

Once upon a time, many recruiters took nearly the entire month of December off. That is no longer the case, at least not in Top Echelon’s recruiting network.

In fact, it appears as though just the opposite is the case. After all, only 2.4% of poll participants indicated that they’re shutting down their desk “right after Thanksgiving.” Another 6.6% indicated that they plan to shut down their desk in “the middle of December.” Those are not staggering numbers. Put them together and you have a measly 9%.

So when are recruiters shutting down their desk? How about never! Almost six out of every 10 Network recruiters (59.6%) are planning on “going the distance.” These recruiters are going to work right through the rest of the year. Sure, they might take a couple of days off here and there, like Christmas Eve and Christmas Day, but they’ll be in the office far more often than not.

In addition, 31.3% of Network members chose “right before Christmas and through New Year’s” as their answer. So yes, they’re taking some time off, but it amounts to pretty much a week and some change.

You snooze, you lose . . .

What does all of this mean? In short, it means that there are placement opportunities aplenty for recruiters at the end of the year. Clients are still looking to hire, they’re still looking to interview, and they’re still looking to “pull the trigger” for the right candidate.

Marketplace conditions have changed drastically during the last several years and also during the last couple of decades. Competition in the recruiting profession is fierce. We’re in the midst of a candidates’ market, and employers are hungry for candidates that they can’t find on their own. So what’s the bottom line?

You snooze, you lose . . . no matter what time of year it is.

Looking to stop snoozing and maximize your membership in Top Echelon’s recruiter network and make more split placements?

Then contact Director of Network Operations Drea Codispoti, CPC/CERS. You can do so by calling 330.455.1433, x156 or by sending an email to drea@topechelon.com.

Previous Back to Blog Next