ICAP: In-House Administrative Help for Recruiters
Have you considered hiring extra staff for your office, but hesitate because of all the hassles and liability tied to W-2 employees? Did you know that you can add staff to your office and outsource the employment of that worker (along with all the time-consuming tasks) to Top Echelon Contracting?
Through our In-House Clerical and Administrative Program (ICAP), we become the legal W-2 employer of your short-term staff. As such, we will handle all the employment tasks, including background checks, timesheet collection and tracking, payroll processing and funding, taxes, unemployment, Workers’ Compensation, year-end reporting, etc.
The hiring process:
- Call our office for an ICAP Quote.
- Recruit and select the candidate.
- Complete the in-house placement “set-up” form on our website.
- We will send you a Client Services Agreement for In-House Staffing.
- We will send the candidate an email with a link to our Online Employment Paperwork System so they can complete their employment paperwork.
The weekly timesheet and payroll process:
- An electronic timesheet will be completed by the worker and approved by you.
- Payroll is processed weekly, and paychecks/direct deposit notices are mailed out to employees every Thursday.
- You will receive a Statement of Debit each Thursday. We will auto-debit the total amount owed from your bank account, as specified in the Client Services Agreement for In-house Staffing.
ICAP generally costs $1.75 per hour over and above the pay rate, plus employer’s payroll taxes and insurance. Below is an example based on an Ohio worker:
|Employee’s Hourly Pay Rate $16.00||+||Employer Taxes and Liability Insurance $3.10||+||$1.75 for Top Echelon Contracting||=||Your Hourly Bill Rate $20.85|
If the personnel works at least 30 hours per week, they will be eligible for health, dental, vision, and life insurance, as well as 401(k). Please note, however, that we do not contribute to the healthcare premium for ICAP participants as we do for contractors placed with client companies. Therefore, if your in-house worker elects health insurance, you will be invoiced an additional $188.56 per month. Due to the new healthcare reform requirements, the administrative worker must be paid at least $15.00 per hour to ensure that healthcare coverage meets the affordability requirement.
Workers eligible for this program include administrative assistants, bookkeepers, researchers, recruiters, clerks, receptionists, and data entry personnel. We cannot employ agency owners, partners, etc.
For more information or an ICAP quote, call us at 888.627.3678 and ask to speak to a Contract Administrator about the ICAP Program.