Can You Be a TE Top Producer Without Setting Goals?

There are a lot of ways to become a top producer in Top Echelon Network. Everybody’s recruiting desk is different, and every firm in the Network has a different business model and its recruiters have different ways they like to work.

But how many of them set split placement goals in the Network?

We recently conducted a poll of Top Echelon Network recruiters by posting a question in the Members’ Area. That question was as follows:

Are you going to reach your goal for making split placements in the Network this year?


The choice of answers that we provided is listed below, along with the percentage of recruiters that selected each one:

  • Yes — 16.5%
  • No — 34.7%
  • It’s going to be close. — 7.4%
  • I don’t set goals for making splits in TE. — 41.3%


First and foremost, the majority of Network recruiters (51.2%) do set split placement goals for themselves in Top Echelon on a yearly basis. However, that begs the question: why don’t the other 48.8% of recruiters set such goals?

Second, among those Network recruiters that DO set yearly goals, more are going to miss their goals for this year (34.7%) than meet their goals (16.5%). Even in those situations where it’s currently too close to call (7.4%), if all of those recruiters meet their goals, it won’t be enough to equal the number of recruiters who are going to miss their goals.

What the heck?


Either those Top Echelon Network recruiters that set split placement goals set aggressive goals . . . or the majority of them are simply not reaching the modest goals they’ve set for themselves.

Considering the fact that split placements in the Network are up 10% over this time a year ago, it would seem that the former is more likely than the latter. However, the results of this poll further illustrate the different ways that recruiters approach Top Echelon Network.

Some recruiters set split placement goals, some don’t. Some recruiters use the Network for more of their billings than others. Some recruiters use the Network as a bigger part of their business model than others.

But do you have to set split placement goals in order to be a top producer in Top Echelon Network? A follow-up question: do you have to set AND meet split placement goals in order to be a top producer? Great questions, and we’ll have the answers in a future issue of The Pinnacle Newsletter Blog after further analysis of the results of this poll.

In the meantime, to find out how YOU can make more placements in Top Echelon Network, contact Director of Network Operations Drea Codispoti, CPC/CERS at 330.455.1433, x156.

Previous Back to Blog Next