Can You Post Other Top Echelon Network Recruiters’ Jobs?
We recently conducted a poll of Top Echelon Network recruiters by posting a question in the Members’ Area.
That question was as follows:
Did you know that it’s against Top Echelon policy to post other Network recruiters’ jobs without their permission?
The choice of answers that were provided is listed below, along with the percentage of recruiters that selected each one:
- Yes — 96.0%
- No — 4.0%
The results of this poll were very much one-sided, but in one respect, that’s good news. The truth be told, every Top Echelon recruiter should know that they shouldn’t post other Network recruiters’ jobs without their permission.
According to this latest poll, 96% of recruiters know that they shouldn’t post other recruiters’ jobs without their permission. That leaves, of course, just 4% that weren’t aware of this fact. (We assume that they ARE aware now.)
The conclusion is best summed up by Top Echelon Network Policy #14, which is listed below:
Issue: Advertising Another Top Echelon Network Member’s Job Order
Do NOT advertise or re-post another Top Echelon Network Member’s job order on the Internet or in any other medium (print or digital) without that Preferred Member’s PRIOR written permission. A copy of that written permission must be sent to the Top Echelon Network offices via email or letter.
Spirit of this policy
Common problems that arise from re-posting another Network Member’s job order without their prior written permission include the following:
- If a recruiter submits a job order and later modifies that job order, the modifications will not update if another recruiter has separately reposted the original version of that job.
- Recruiters that re-post jobs may inadvertently duplicate the job order recruiter’s own posting efforts without their knowledge, quite possibly on the same websites.
- Historically, any recruiter that re-posts other Network Members’ job orders does so with the intention of using the job orders as bait to collect candidates for themselves . . . and not really with the intention of making split placements.
Again, please be advised that any Preferred Member that wishes to advertise or re-post another Network Member’s job order on the Internet or in any other medium (print or digital), must obtain that Member’s PRIOR written permission. In addition, a copy of that written permission must be sent to the Top Echelon Network offices via email or letter.
If you have any question about this policy, contact Membership Development Coordinator Drea Codispoti, CERS at 330.455.1433, x156.