Networking Tip #3: Respond to Job Orders Quickly
We’re moving right along in our series of blog posts that contain a networking tip for members of our recruiting network. Our next tip also deals with how recruiters should interact with one another.
Specifically, it deals with how quickly they should react in a potential split placement situation.
As you might imagine, speed counts when it comes to reacting to other members. The more quickly you react, the more quickly you can make things happen—and make split placements, too.
However, there’s more to it than just that. The rest of Networking Tip #3 is as follows . . .
Respond to other recruiters’ job orders quickly and accurately!
The database of candidates that you’ve accumulated during your years in the business can be a tremendous resource if you use it! Conducting a search against your candidate database and quickly responding to trading partners’ job orders with potential matches could generate a tremendous amount of additional split placement revenue for you.
Remember, your split recruiting partners have shared their job orders because they need help with those search assignments. By responding to their job orders with good, quality candidates, you’re providing them with the help they need.
Even if the candidates you supply are not an exact match, those recruiters will remember the efforts you put forth. They’ll be more inclined to help you in the future.
In other words, if you scratch their backs, they will scratch yours!
Below are immediate steps you can take in terms of responding to job orders in Top Echelon Network:
#1—Search for job orders.
To get the most current information available, login to Top Echelon and search the Network Jobs tool for any job orders.
You’re looking for job orders similar to the types of candidates in your database. This can easily be done by searching on the date entered.
#2—Create Job Order Alerts.
Do this so that the system can automatically notify you of any new job orders added that match the criteria you requested. By creating Job Order Alerts, you can leverage the power and reach of the Network and allow it to work for you.
In the meantime, you can focus your time on other recruiting tasks that generate revenue. Win-win!
#3—Send results immediately.
Send the results to your trading partners right away! Make sure to include the following items:
- A completed Resume Data Sheet (RDS) for each resume you send
- A clean copy of the resume for your candidate
- A copy of their original job order so they know why they are receiving resumes from you
#4—Avoid common mistakes.
Learn from the mistakes of others. What does that mean? It means not doing the following things:
- Do not send a trading partner a candidate who is not qualified or does not meet the requirements that were provided in the job order. Responding with “junk” will destroy your credibility.
- Do not constantly call members for a status update on the candidates you’ve sent to them. Instead, take the posture that if there’s any further interest in your candidate, they will call you! Don’t waste their time with non-productive phone calls.
- Do not forget to always send a completed RDS with each resume you send! The more information they have to make a decision, the better.
If you have any questions, please contact me by calling 330.595.1742 or by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.