How Angry Were YOU About Losing a Placement?
Last week, we talked about whether or not TE recruiters have been surprised by Network placements. This week, we’re going to talk about how angry you people have been during your recruiting careers.
Boy, we’re getting pretty emotional during the month of March, aren’t we? Well, you know what they say: in like a lion, out like a lamb. (Or is that April? I can never remember for sure.)
Anyway, here’s the question we posed to the Network membership in our most recent Members’ Area poll:
What’s the angriest you’ve ever been about a lost placement in your career?
The choice of answers that we provided is listed below, along with the percentage of Network recruiters that selected each one:
- “I nearly had a stroke” angry — 16.2%
- “I slammed down/threw the phone” angry — 12.2%
- “It almost ruined my day” angry — 31.1%
- “It briefly raised my blood pressure” angry — 31.1%
- I have never been angry about a lost placement. — 9.5%
“You wouldn’t like me when I’m angry . . .”
We have a tie, believe it or not!
The same percentage of recruiters (31.1%) chose both “It almost ruined my day” and “It briefly raised my blood pressure.” All in all, that’s not too bad. That’s because:
- In 62.2% of the instances, it did NOT ruin the recruiter’s day. It almost ruined the recruiter’s day. By the time bedtime rolled around, these recruiters had forgotten all about their lost placement. They were humming a show tune and/or whistling to themselves, with nary a care in the world.
- High blood pressure is a health risk, but only if levels remain elevated for an extended period of time. Here, we’re just talking about briefly raising blood pressure. Maybe it was just for a few minutes. At any rate, it wasn’t enough to put the recruiters’ health at risk. Unless they’re already smoking two packs of cigarettes a day.
Let’s switch over to our other group of recruiters: the raving lunatics. No, that wasn’t fair. I’ve never seen $25,000 go up in smoke right in front of my eyes. I can’t speak to the range of emotions that might cause.
Now THIS is quality phone time
Over 16% of poll participants “nearly had a stroke” while losing a placement once upon their career. Another 12.2% did one of four things or a creative combination thereof:
- Slammed down their telephone
- Threw their telephone
- Slammed down their telephone and then threw it
- Threw their telephone, then walked over to it, picked it up, and slammed it down
And then there are those who “have never been angry about a lost placement.” This angelic faction accounted for 9.5% of the recruiters in our poll. I’d like to commend you on your otherworldly disposition, but I noticed that your phone is ringing. Better pick it up.
It’s probably a fall-off.
If you’d like to be happier in our recruiting network, then contact Director of Network Operations Drea Codispoti, CPC/CERS. You can do so by calling 330.455.1433, x156 or by sending an email to email@example.com.